E.N.T/Otorhinolaryngology is a surgical subspecialty within medicine that deals with conditions of the ear, nose, and throat (ENT) and related structures of the head and neck. Doctors who specialize in this area are called otorhinolaryngologists, otolaryngologists, ENT doctors, ENT surgeons, or head and neck surgeons. Patients seek treatment from an otorhinolaryngologist for diseases of the ear, nose, throat, base of the skull, and for the surgical management of cancers and benign tumors of the head and neck.
Headache & Vertigo Clinic (Wednesday)
We have excellent departmental library from inception. Digital library was Formed in 2006 with hundreds of CD’s covering operating procedures& powerpoint Presentations. We have continuous closed circuit TV transmission in the OT of all the Operative procedures –open, endoscopic or microscopic. We project operations in the seminar room, mini auditorium in the lecture hall since 2007. We have been conducting workshops from 2000.We were the first to conduct hands on cadaver dissection-FESS & Endo –ear surgery in whole Karnataka during March 2007. We conducted an international CME & live ear surgery for deafness in Collaboration with Rotary international on March 2007. We had Dr Henning Hildman a famous otologist from Germany as chief guest faculty. 35 patient were Operated during this free surgical camp.We have been doing many research projects starting from 1998, some of the research projects are completed and some are ongoing. We have two VGST funded projects in the department currently. Our faculty has presented many papers at different workshops & Conferences. Likewise, we have twelve publications in national and regional journals. Apart from ENT health care service the dept has conducted not less that 30 free health camps and free surgical camps.Under DDRC we are regularly conducting camps for the deaf patients across Vijayapur district We have done many deafness awareness camps at schools and surgery camps.
Teaching facilities: INFRASTRUCTURE
With State of the art infrastructure the Dept. is well equipped to impart quality training both to undergraduate & postgraduate students
- Well set OPD section, Minor OT with Operating Microscope, Neurotology Dn.
- Fully air-conditioned, sound-treated two-room setup Audiometry Room with Research Audiometer, Impedance Audiometer, Speech Audiometry, Free field Audiometry,BERA,OAE & facility for Speech Therapy.
- Three Carl Zeiss Operating Microscopes with Video Camera attachment, Micro-motor Drills & a variety of instruments for Micro Surgery of Ear & Larynx .
- Visualiser and interactive panel for the Dept
- An assortment of Karl Storz Nasal Endoscopes with all the necessary instruments for FESS with Micro debreder.
- Storz Fibre-optic flexible Bronchoscope adult and paediatric.
- Unit for Temporal Bone Lab and FESS on Cadavers.
- Computer aided navigation system with M4 handpiece for skull base surgeries Stroboscope for voice lab.
APART FROM THE ROUTINE ENT OPERATIVE PROCEDURES WE PERFORM A WIDE RANGE OF ADVANCED SURGERIES LIKE
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT US !
Don’t Just Take it from us,Let our Students do the talking.